PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:09 pm 
mana'o akamai

http://www.hunatrainer.com/2009/05/21/h ... edictable/

Enjoy and share your thoughts here

or, just "Po" for short.

Post subject: Re: Show 080202 -Things are unpredictable
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:21 am 
Alohaloha

I was just thinking about how the idea that "things are unpredictable" coincides with the idea of letting go, in order to manifest something. We go through a series of exercises, first to see the pono in it...to allow our ku to see that we are capable of creating our reality. Then, we shift to bigger things. Then, we come to a place where we have to realize that we have influence, but yet are only able to create in the now. The future is what is unpredictable, and thank goodness! If it were predictable, then we'd be locked in.

That idea of letting go was very uncomfortable for me for a time, and still is sometimes. When I truly do that (be fine with things as they are now and let go of fears and doubts about that it might not happen), things just keep happening that show me I'm on the right path for me. So, unpredictability together with letting go, allowing, and trusting together really work. I suppose that pono is the word of the day for me.

In order for me to continue to experience happiness, I can now let go and just be happy right now in the moment, and for me, that works. Trust yourself, bless everything and anything that represents what you want (the present), and expect the best. Then, just wait for it to happen, joyfully. That is pono too. So, does it matter if things are unpredictable? I think that "it matters" all depends on how you look at it. "Unpredictable" just means that you don't know how or when something will happen for you. It is up to you to decide what you want to have happen. Then, just look for evidence of it everywhere, and you'll see evidence of it everywhere. It is astounding how well that works for me...

Kat

Yesterday is history, tomorrow, a mystery. But today is a gift. That's why they call it the present.
--Master Oogway (Kung Fu Panda)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:55 pm 
mana'o akamai

that's a really good way of putting it! I believe "letting go" is really about faith; faith in you, faith in God; faith in the universe.

Unpredictable, really, is an illusion because NOTHING is predictable! :)

or, just "Po" for short.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:01 am 
Ho'omana

Made me think,

Here I am right now,

Lots of things are happening all around,

For me daylight from a tiny window creates light and shadow across a bunch of computer servers I am looking after. Lots of whirring and the sound of harddisks and my fingers typing on this keyboard. The air conditioning makes a low hum.

Cds, backup tapes and papers and other kibble are around, overall it is quiet and orderly.

Through the small window with its wire reinforced glass I can see trees
In my mind I can take a birds eye view of where I am and see the land below, cars driving a highway. Towns with many buildings and a lot of bustle. Birds in the hedges, cows, horses, people, clouds, and eventually we will come to the sea, the atlantic.

Surf against the Galway coastline, boats and further out cargo and other ships.

If I go further Kat is lying in her bed and soon to wake up with her family and further afield again, across another sea is Pohaku, early in his sleep perhaps.

Am I happy with it or not happy with it?

Does this depend on the colour of the clouds? If they are grey will I be sad, if they are white and fluffy happy. Perhaps the type or speed of the cars, whether the sky is deep or light blue, whether the atlantic storms or is lapped by gentle breezes.

Still though I can't resist, putting a few bits of rubbish in the bin here and making the order a little more orderly and perhaps clean a little dust off this keyboard :)

Aloha,
kue'l.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:04 am 
mana'o akamai

i feel like I read some morning poetry.

or, just "Po" for short.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:31 pm 
Alohaloha

Ahhh... to paint a picture with words...one of my favorite things to do. The sound of a distant stream, the beauty of a sunset, the happy feeling of opening the gift of a new day. It is all poetry in the dreaming...a series of waterfalls, cascading into a deep pool below. One chasing another, resulting in total bliss. On my trip, I noticed prong horn and cattle grazing together, and wondered why I noticed it. There were so many of them. Together, they showed me differences in my life, peacefully coexisting together. I just asked ku to speak, and there was my answer...

Kat

Yesterday is history, tomorrow, a mystery. But today is a gift. That's why they call it the present.
--Master Oogway (Kung Fu Panda)

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:45 am 
mana'o akamai

it's beautiful!

or, just "Po" for short.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]